Valley Oaks is a 48-unit family-style housing community located in North Knoxville with convenient access to Interstate 40. In 2010, the property underwent a $1.6 million redesign process that transformed the apartments through building facade enhancements to increase the attractiveness of the community, infrastructure upgrades and extensive interior renovations.
The apartments were renovated as part of Enterprise Green Communities, a national green building program for affordable housing. The energy-efficient upgrades ensured conservation of water and lowering of utility costs.
Features & Amenities
- Central heat and air
- Stove and refrigerator
- Handicap-accessible units
- On-site coin-operated laundry facility
- Eligibility requires that either the head or spouse of a household be employed a minimum of 30 hours per week or be enrolled full-time in post-secondary education at an accredited school or vocational/technical school for at least six months prior to admission. Restrictions are waived for disabled or elderly residents.
- Two bedroom/one bath
- On-site resident services staff
- Knoxville Area Transit access
- Nearby grocery stores
- Public schools: Belle Morris Elementary, Whittle Springs Middle, Central High