Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List is closed until further notice
Families with one or more of the following preferences may apply:
- Displaced by Government Action – a family whose dwelling has been extensively damaged or destroyed as a result of a government action or declared disaster pursuant to Federal Relief laws.
- Involuntary Displaced – A family who is in need of immediate shelter by reason of extreme hardship or disaster. The hardship will be governed by the position that preference will not be given to a family who is, or is expected to be without housing for failure to pay rent or carry out other normal obligations of residency.
- Substandard Housing – A family who currently resides in substandard housing, or who is homeless without a fixed nighttime residence or staying in a supervised shelter. Substandard Housing is defined as any dwelling which is unsanitary, overcrowded or unsafe due to its location, structural condition, or lack of utilities due to no fault of the family.
- Disability – A family whose head, spouse, or sole member is disabled. Social security award letter will be required to verify disability or a doctor statement verifying permanent disability.
An applicant cannot apply without the following required documentation.
- Proof of Preference from a social service agency
- Picture ID – adult members of the family
- Birth certificates for all members of the family
- Social Security cards for all members of the family
- Proof of income for all family members